Library staff can assist you with logging on a website; however, library staff cannot help you in any other way due to privacy issues, this includes accessing email, personal records, online purchasing, etc. We may; however, be able to make suggestions to help you.
1. The public computers are available during regular library hours. They shut down 30 minutes before closing.
2. A library card must be used to log-on to a computer. Temporary guest passes are available at the circulation desk for visiting, non-resident patrons.
3. The public computers are available on a first come, first serve basis. Time is allotted in thirty (30) minute increments. If no one is waiting, an additional thirty (30) minutes may be added to the patron’s time. Requests for additional time may be denied if there are other patrons waiting. Maximum time allowed per day is 3 (three) hours.
4. The card catalog computer may not be used for internet access. It is designated for catalog searches by patrons, or to access the Moore County Library System website only. No printing is allowed from this terminal.
5. The microfilm computer may only be used for accessing and printing articles from microfilm. Please ask a staff member for assistance if you need to use the microfilm reader.
6. You may not use your own software programs on the public computers, nor may you download programs from the internet. This helps prevent computer viruses that are common on public computers. Attachments on websites saved as PDF files may be opened if the computer security finds no threat of a virus in the attachment.
7. Files may only be saved to a USB device. Any outside devices for saving files must be scanned for viruses by a librarian before you will be allowed to use it in our computers. USB devices are available for sale for $10.00 at the circulation desk.
8. You may not plug any outside devices into our public computers, such as cell phones, tablets, etc.
9. All black and white printing is .25¢ per page. The print window allows the patron to select which pages to print, so a patron is responsible for paying for ALL pages printed. Printing from the color printer costs $1.00 per page.
10. All users of electronic information resources such as the internet are expected to use these resources in a responsible manner consistent with the educational and informational purposes for which they are provided. Responsible, ethical use of such resources includes the following:
- Using resources for educational and informational purposes only; not for unauthorized, illegal, or unethical purposes.
- Not misrepresenting oneself as another user; not attempting to modify or gain access to files, passwords, or data belonging to others; not seeking unauthorized access to any computer system, or damaging or altering software components of any network or database.
- Respecting the privacy of others using public computers at the library by not interfering with their use.
- Making only authorized copies of copyrighted or licensed software or data.
- Not sending, receiving, or displaying texts or graphics which may reasonably be interpreted as obscene.
11. Misuse of internet access on any library equipment will result in loss of your computer privileges, and may be punishable by law.